Nestled at the base of the Niagara Escarpment, Milton is a preferred tourist destination, attracting more than 1.5 million visitors to the area each year. Also known as Escarpment Country™, Milton provides easy access for day tripping and weekend excursions in a scenic setting — all within an hour's drive from Toronto.For conservation enthusiasts, there is an abundance of parkland offering hiking on the Bruce Trail and the Niagara Escarpment. In town, take a leisurely stroll along the nature trails surrounding our century-old Mill Pond in the heart of our historic downtown area. For sports enthusiasts, we are a"perfect fit" for those who seek a healthy and active way of life. Seasonal outdoor recreation such as swimming, kayaking, sail boarding and skiing is justminutes away off Highway 401 at the Kelso Conservation Area. Milton is also a golfer's paradise. Visit our fairs and festivals, explore an ostrich farm, gather fresh fruits and vegetables at a pick-your-own farm or plan a visit to the weekly Saturday morning downtown Farmers' Market. Explore an authenticIroquoian Village at Crawford Lake. Try your luck at Mohawk Slots and Racetrack. Whether you are a visitor to our town or looking to relocate as a result of our new residential and industrial growth, consider our unique town and country atmosphere as the place to live, work and play.
Rules to Teach your Son
Yes these rules should be taught to your daughters as well.
- Never shake a man’s hand sitting down
- Don’t enter a pool by the stairs
- The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king
- In a negotiation, never make the first offer
- Request the late check out
- When entrusted with a secret, keep it
- Hold your heroes to a higher standard
- Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas
- Play with passion or don’t play at all
- When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye
- Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be
- If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
- Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is
- You marry the girl, you marry her family
- Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
- Experience the serenity of traveling alone
- Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room
- Never turn down a breath mint
- A sport coat is worth 1000 words
- Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
- Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him/her.
- Eat lunch with the new kid.
- After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
- Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
- Manners maketh the man.
- Give credit. Take the blame.
- Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
- Write down your dreams
- Take time to snuggle your pets, they love you somuch and are always happy to see you.
- Be confident and humble at the same time.
- If ever in doubt, remember whose son you are and REFUSE to just be ordinary!
- In all things lead by example not explanation.