The history of Orangeville is one of early settlement that began in the 1830s. Much of Orangeville's early history can still be seen along Broadway. Buildings such as the Town Hall, Fire Hall, Jackson Block, Sun Office, Ketchum Block, Fead Block, Greystones, and Public Library. Take some time to explore Orangeville with a self-guided walking tour. Don't forget to include a tour of the Tree Sculptures which include 54 pieces of art. For more information go to
The Principles of Motherhood
- Shouting to make your children obey is like using the horn to steer your car, and you get about the same results.
- To be in your children's memories tomorrow, you have to be in their lives today.
- The smartest advice on raising children is to enjoy them while they are still on your side.
- Avenge yourself - Live long enough to be a problem to your children.
- The best way to keep kids at home is to make the home a pleasant atmosphere ~~ and to let the air out of the tires.
- The right temperature in a home is maintained by warm hearts, not by hot heads.
- Raising a teenager is like nailing Jell-O to a tree.
- Any child can tell you that the sole purpose of a middle name is so he can tell when he's really in trouble.
- Grandparents are similar to a piece of string ~ handy to have around and easily wrapped around the fingers of grandchildren.
- You know the only people in this world who are always sure about the proper way to raise children? Those who've never had any.
- Cleaning your house while your kids are at home is like trying to shovel the driveway during a snowstorm.
- An alarm clock is a device for awakening people who don't have small children.