The City of Owen Sound is located on the southern shores of Georgian Bay in a valley below the sheer rock cliffs of the Niagara Escarpment. Owen Sound is characterized by a magnificent harbour and bay, two winding rivers, tree-lined streets, an extensive parks system, and tree-covered hillsides and ravines, which are home to a wide variety of flora and fauna.
Owen Sound is the largest urban community in Grey and Bruce Counties, which combined represent a primary commercial market of 158,000. Owen Sound is the seat of the County of Grey government, and is the location for a number of regional, provincial and federal government offices. There are twelve elementary schools, three secondary schools, and six private schools in addition to a Georgian College campus.
The downtown, recently refurbished and reminiscent of the 1900s, offers an economy that is balanced and diversified. The Heritage Place Shopping Centre on the east side complements the vibrant, scenic downtown core and other arterial shopping areas.
• What did the tree say to autumn? leaf me alone.
• What did one autumn leaf say to another? I'm falling for you.
• Why did summer catch autumn? Because autumn is fall.
• How do you fix a broken pumpkin? With a pumpkin patch
• What is the cutest season? Awwtumn.
• What do you call a large colorful pile of leaves? The Great Barrier Leaf.
• Did you hear about the tree that had to take time off of work in autumn? It was on paid leaf.