Port Colborne, Ontario


Originally known as Gravelly Bay, Port Colborne dates from 1832  and was renamed after Sir John Colborne, a British war hero and the Lieutenant Governor of Upper Canada at the time of the opening of the new southern terminus of the First Welland Canal in 1833. Port Colborne is one of Canada's largest inland ports and is home to one of the original Dairy Queens. Drop in to shop, dine, stay or just enjoy the Lock 8 Gateway Park while watching lakers & salties pass through one of the longest canal locks in the world.